Thanks to Carbonfiberx for posting the following on Reddit.
This is a straightforward guide on how to increase the amount of memory that the SWG client can use. The default is around 750 MB but most people nowadays have anywhere from 1 to 8 GB of RAM so why not up the limit? Here you go:
This setting (taken from the SOE forums actually), will allow you to set a new maximum RAM usage. Note, that 2 GB is the max, don’t bother allocating anything beyond that, the client won’t use it.
- Right-click the “My Computer” or “This PC” icon.
- Choose “Properties” from the context menu.
- Click the “Advanced” or “Advanced System Settings.
- Click the “Environment Variables” button.
- Under the “System variables” section, click new.
- Enter SWGCLIENT_MEMORY_SIZE_MB in the “Variable name” field and amount of memory to use (1024 for 1 gig) in the “Variable value” field.
- Click OK.
- You’ll need to restart your computer for the changes to attack affect.
Then in game, open the debug window with CTRL+SHIFT+G, the new value should be displayed properly in megabytes.